Where Can I Find A Pediatric Dentist In Ridgewood NJ?
Our team at The Tooth Doctors specialize in providing full-service pediatric dental care in Ridgewood NJ for children and adolescents of all ages. As a top pediatric dentist in Ridgewood, Dr. Gagliardi and Dr. Noruzi will make sure your child’s care is in the best hands possible. Our goal is to provide a positive dental experience in a friendly, positive environment.
What Is A Pediatric Dentist?
A pediatric dentist also referred to as a kid’s dentist, is a highly qualified dental professional who has received additional training to specifically treat the developmental and medical needs of child patients. A pediatric dentist in Ridgewood is responsible for developing good habits and implementing proper oral care regiments.
What Does A Pediatric Dentist Do?
A Ridgewood pediatric dentist such as Dr. Gagliardo or Dr. Noruzi understands the importance of maintaining healthy primary teeth. When certain issues are left untreated, cavities often lead to bigger problems with developing permanent teeth. Primary teeth or baby teeth are essential for proper chewing and guiding permanent teeth into correct position. Primary teeth also add to the development of speech as well as improved appearance. The main responsibilities of a pediatric dentist in Ridgewood NJ include:
- Diagnosing oral diseases
- Promoting, maintaining, and restoring oral health
- Monitoring growth and development of teeth and jaws
- Repairing decaying teeth
- Fixing dental injuries
What’s The Difference Between A General Dentist And A Pediatric Dentist?
A general dentist has some experience treating children but may not be experienced or trained to deal with younger patients. However, a good pediatric dentist helps children of all ages feel comfortable and positive about coming to the dentist. Often times, an early bad experience with a dentist can affect a child’s feelings towards care later in life. At The Tooth Doctors, we are dedicated to providing the best possible dental treatment in Ridgewood NJ to kids of all ages.
Does My Child Need To Visit A Pediatric Dentist In Ridgewood NJ?
It is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry that children should have their first visit with a pediatric dentist by their first birthday. It is important for your child to establish a dental home early to ensure stable care and reliable attention. This allows dental professionals to build a relationship with young patients at a young age and guide them towards a healthier smile.
What Should My Child Expect During The First Visit?
During an initial free consultation, our goal is to make your child feel relaxed and comfortable. The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests that a child have their first visit with a pediatric dentist by the time their first tooth has come in. We are dedicated to establishing a home for your child’s dental care and we always encourage parents to be apart of the process.
When Should My Child Visit A Pediatric Dentist?
A pediatric dentistry check-up is suggested at least twice a year for most children. However, some children require more frequent dental visits due to poor oral hygiene, increased risk of tooth decay, or unusual growth patterns. Routine dental visits help children remain healthy and cavity-free. Professional teeth cleanings remove debris that build up on teeth, irritate gums, and cause tooth decay. Proper hygiene instructions improve your child’s brushing and flossing routine, which leads to healthier teeth and gums. A pediatric dentist in Ridgewood is capable of completing the following procedures:
- Cleaning and Hygiene – helps ensure that your child maintains healthy teeth and good oral hygiene
- Examination – exams and discussions about oral hygiene, including issues such as brushing, flossing, teething, or thumb sucking.
- Fluoride treatments – fluoridated water, toothpaste, and mouth rinses are commonly used to keep children’s teeth healthy, strong and cavity-free.
- Space maintainers – help prevent the crowding of adult teeth and the shifting of baby teeth
- Mouthguard – provide ultimate protection of your child’s adult teeth from fractures caused by trauma or injury
- Fillings – used to treat cavities or broken teeth while remaining aesthetically appealing
- Dental crowns – recommended for children following a baby root canal or if a baby tooth suffers from cavities or severe trauma
- Baby root canals – prevents premature loss to maintain the integrity of the affected tooth
- Extractions – address tooth decay or orthodontic problems with pediatric patients
Finding A Pediatric Dentist In Ridgewood NJ
Dr. Gagliardi, Dr. Noruzi, and our team at The Tooth Doctors are experts in pediatric dentistry. We are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding pediatric dentistry in Ridgewood NJ, Fair Lawn NJ, Paramus NJ, Hawthorne NJ, Hackensack NJ, and the surrounding areas of Bergen County NJ. Contact The Tooth Doctors to schedule a free consultation today. Call now (201) 794-0440.
Request an AppointmentClick